Great Global Challenge Rules:
- Participants must work in a Team, assigned by The Organisers;
- At least one Participant from each Team should be present at each Session (excluding Mentor Sessions, which are pre-booked);
- Each Team must submit its Submission (see Submission Requirements) before the Submission Deadline (see Key Dates/Times below) to be considered for any Prizes or Credentials;
- Each Participant's individual contribution must be indicated in the Team's Submission to be considered for a Credential;
- Disputes must be raised directly with one of The Organisers, before the judgement decisions are finalised, to be considered;
- The Organisers may permit a whole Team to miss one or more Sessions without being disqualified, at The Organisers' sole discretion;
- Prize money awarded to each Winner will be transferred to one bank account, to be supplied by that Team, within 10 business days of the completion of The Event;
- Each Team will retain the rights to the Intellectual Property (IP) which it produces during The Event. However, The Organiser retains the right to publish photos, videos and/or descriptions from The Event (including but not limited to Participants' images, presentations and Submissions) unless expressly advised otherwise in writing by the owner of the IP in question.
- "The Event": The Great Global Challenge (“GGC”) event, spanning the Key Dates/Times below.
- "The Organisers": The Hacker Exchange ("HEX" — specifically Jeanette Cheah, Eleanor Smith and Matthew Kwong) and Campus Consultancy (specifically Josh Farr).
- “Participating University”: Australian National University (ANU), Monash University, University of California San Diego, or University of Southampton.
- "Participant": An eligible participant (see Eligibility) who has been accepted to The Event by The Organisers.
- "Team": A team of accepted Participants, which has been allocated by The Organisers.
- "Session": An event scheduled in the Event Calendar distributed to participants.
- "Submission": Materials outlined in the Submission Requirements and submitted by the Submission Deadline below.
- "Winner": A Team which is awarded one of the Prizes at the Winners Announced Session (see below).
- PST (San Diego): Sunday June 28, 2020, 1:30pm /
- GMT (London): Sunday June 28, 2020, 9:30pm /
- AEST (Melbourne/Canberra): Monday June 29, 2020, 6:30am.
- PST (San Diego): Friday July 3, 2020, 5:00pm /
- GMT (London): Saturday July 4, 2020, 1:00am /
- AEST (Melbourne/Canberra): Saturday July 4, 2020, 10:00am.
- PST (San Diego): Friday July 3, 2020, 10:00pm /
- GMT (London): Saturday July 4, 2020, 6:00am /
- AEST (Melbourne/Canberra): Saturday July 4, 2020, 3:00pm.
Code of Conduct:
HEX would like to refer to what we consider to be industry best practice. This is the carefully crafted statement released by Startmate and Blackbird Ventures, and co-authored by Airtree, Squarepeg, Rampersand, Blue Sky Venture Capital and Frame Shift Consulting LLC.
Startmate & Blackbird VC Code of Conduct (external link).
This Code of Conduct clearly states the unacceptable behaviours which inhibit a truly diverse and inclusive workplace and industry.
The Fine Print:
The Organisers reserve the right to approve or supersede decisions and recommendations by the competition judges. All decisions made by The Organisers regarding Team, entry qualifications and rule interpretations are final. The Organisers and judges may consult independent experts in determining the feasibility, commercial potential, and high-tech nature of a business model and/or its related product, service, or intellectual property.